Imposter Syndrome

Dear reader

I assume this is an odd way to start a blog ... by admitting a certain failure from the start. I will be found out. So why not just be out with it.

I have decided to be a minimalist, and yet I am anything but. I keep telling myself it is a journey, and I do not have to be perfect. But then I see a picture perfect home or a neatly arranged room and compare it to my growing piles that surround me and drain my energy, I close my eyes in defeat.

Can this be done? Can a desire for simplicity, experiences above things, cure a recovering hoarder? Or will I continue talking to others about my newfound lifestyle afraid of being found out.

I am a Dave Ramsey follower, but I have my doubts. I am a Marie Kondo admirer but my belongings don not always spark joy. I am a 30+ minimalist wannabe.

Until soon,
Lija

P.S. come back for a discussion on clothes, a capsule wardrobe, Kibbe head to toe outfits, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment